The OpenNebula team is happy to announce the second beta release of OpenNebula 1.4. This Beta 2 is aimed at testers, community members and cloud enthusiasts in order to identify bugs and regressions, so that 1.4 can fully replace OpenNebula 1.2 deployments.
After nearly three months has passed since the feature freeze for OpenNebula 1.4, the OpenNebula team has been working hard on polishing the new features, and solving bugs. While there could be some issues that need to be fixed before the stable release, OpenNebula 1.4 beta 2 shapes up nicely and brings an important number of improvements and innovations in Cloud computing.
Highlights of OpenNebula 1.4 are…
- EC2 Query API interface for building OpenNebula-based clouds
- OCCI interface for building OpenNebula-based clouds
- Support for the VMware Hypervisor family
- Multiple user support and access-right control for Virtual Machines and Virtual Networks
- Advance contextualization support to integrate VM packs and implement multi-component services
- Easy integration with your data-center services and procedures with a new hook system
- Support block devices as VM images.
- Many bug fixes, and scalability and performance improvements in several components of the OpenNebula system
- A whole new set of documentation pages, guides and examples
The OpenNebula Team!