Here at OpenNebula we’re really happy with the efforts of our community contributor Damien Raude-Morvan, who is responsible for the new ‘opennebula’ package in the Debian Sid release. This package features the recent OpenNebula 2.0.1 plus some cool features contributed by Damien:
- OpenNebula Java API package.
- A modified oned.conf to work out of the box with Debian.
- A tuned up onehost command which displays useful information for new OpenNebula users.
- A README file with an example session with OpenNebula, very useful for new users.
- Tested following the Debian policy. Thanks to Łukasz Oleś for testing it under Xen!
We have a strong commitment with this initiative and we plan to offer our support to keep this package up to date, especially with the upcoming OpenNebula releases.
So go ahead and try OpenNebula on Debian Sid! It’s now as easy as running:
apt-get install opennebula